Currently listening: “Señorita”– Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello
Currently reading: Descendant of the Crane by Joan He
Currently watching: Neon Genesis Evangelion
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
I love summer. I love summer. I love summer. The waves brushing against my feet at the beach, the sweetness of catching mint ice cream before it melts, the hours and hours of endless daylight… and the fireworks lighting up the clearest nights. I know I’m a happier person in the summer but maybe I’m just biased because my birthday is coming up. Did I mention I love summer?
This summer I plan on:
- Taking advantage of as many swimming opportunities as I can (I don’t have a pool but luckily all my friends do!)
- Getting to the beach as much as I can (so many things have been happening recently that there hasn’t been enough time or energy to get out to the ocean but I’ll be damned if I don’t get to go this week)
- Finishing the first draft of my WIP (it takes place in the summer and around the beach so now is the perfect time to get it done!)
- Having fun and going out of my comfort zone (life’s too short to not enjoy it, so this summer I’m going to try to push myself to try some new things)
I’ve been pretty distracted these past few weeks since my last Snapshot piece, a lot of stuff has been going on… almost like a dark cloud has been over my family but I’m praying (and knowing!) July is going to be so much better than June was. I’m almost finished with Descendent of the Crane. Usually I take my time reading so I can savor the story more although this month I have been all over the place busy but I’m loving this book and NEED TO FINISH IT.
Also my TBR pile is steadily increasing… here’s a taste:
- American Gods by Neil Gaimon
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- Six of Crows & Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
And that isn’t even a dent into THAT stack but these are the books that I’ll most likely pick up soon! I’ve been hearing great things about all of them. 🙂 American Gods I have been dying to read since I started the show and SoC I need to reread so I can be fully prepared for all the badassery that is Crooked Kingdom (FINALLY).
As for the writing schedule I’ll still be posting a little Living Life vignette every week, a Snapshot post every month, any poetry that comes to mind as well as any tag posts or anything else I feel the need to write about!
On a sidenote here are some links to some of my posts since the last Snapshot update if you are in need of reading material:
- Living Life #6 “Everywhere”
- Living Life #7 “Color”
- BookCon 2019 Happened
- Living Life #8 “Starved”
- Living Life #9 “Undone”
- The Summer Bucket List Book Tag // All the Summer Vibes
- Living Life #10 “Jump”
Also here are some great posts I enjoyed reading this month from some amazing bloggers:
- Sophie @ Sophie’s Corner “The 15-Beat Method For Writers: My Thoughts!”
- Kat @ Novels and Waffles “Why I Always Read a Book’s Dedication and Why You Should Too // FT. My Top 10 Favorite Book Dedications”
Do you have any goals for this summer? I’d love to talk in the comments!
Till next time,