I hope you’re all having an amazing day so far and I have some exciting news to share! I feel incredibly lucky to announce that I was nominated for the Liebster Award by my lovely friend Xandria ❤ We’ve only known each other a few weeks but listen to me when I tell you she is the personification of sunshine. If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, you musssst!!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
Xandria’s Questions for Me!
- Favorite song?
Honestly this changes day by day. Right now I keep finding myself listening to Sleepwalking by Lindsey Stirling! The intro of the music video is so thought provoking.
2. What is your life Motto?
I have Nike to thank for my internal mantra… JUST DO IT. I have always loved their slogan and whenever I get nervous or anxious right before I have to do something I definitely don’t want to do, I say it to myself. And then, I just do it. It feels so good afterwards!
3. Most Embarrassing Moment?
When I was around fifteen I was in a music recital. I was so nervous I misplayed this one really hard passage on my violin and I stopped playing. Mid performance.
This is a no-no. When you’re preforming, you never stop playing you go on like it never happened. But I stopped. Then I tried the passage again, and I failed again. So I stopped again. Like, omg me what the heck?
It was the third try that I finally got it and the audience of parents (feeling bad for me) clapped loudly when I finished the piece but I spent the rest of the day in tears. To this day I still cringe when I think about that moment.
4. Favorite Disney/Pixar Movie?
After the doozy that was the last question this one is eaaaaasy. Hands down, Lilo and Stitch.
5. A book you would recommend to anyone?
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It was the first book I read that really spoke to me, and I’ve never been the same since I read it at age thirteen.
6. Least favorite food?
Eggs. I hate eggs. So. Much.
7. What is one piece of advice you’d give your teenage self?
It gets better. It really does.
8. What do you miss the most about being in quarantine?
Going out for ice cream at our local spot! The weather’s been so nice lately and I’ve been craving their homemade s’mores ice cream!
9. What is your favorite scene in a movie?
I can recite by heart the scene in My Cousin Vinny when Vinny’s going to go deer hunting and Marisa Tomei, stunned that he’s going to shoot an innocent deer, starts “Imagine you’re a deer…” 😀
And I can do it with the accent.
10. If you had to live in a different country what country would it be?
I would love to live in Italy. I’ve been fortunate enough to visit twice and I just love the culture, landscape and the food so much!! I also have studied Italian and would love to be fluent.
11. What is your favorite thing about yourself? #SelfLove
I love my determination. If there is something I want I don’t wait for it to come to me, I go get it. Just do it.
11 Facts About Me
- I play the violin! I started when I was in the 4th grade and have played on and off throughout the years. Now, I actually have time to practice consecutively and I’m loving it!
- My favorite color has always been sky blue and will always be sky blue.
- I have an adorable dog named Ike who loves my mother and me but will viciously bark at anyone else who gets too close.
- I took gymnastics for a year when I was growing up and I adored flipping myself into the foam pit. I rocked that.
- When I was ten my dad gave me some blank books and I filled them up with my own Pokemon fan fiction complete with pictures! Oh yeah, I still have those messy drawings of Torchic, Eevee and the Dratini I got wayyy too early in the adventure.
- I drink peppermint tea everyday out of my Winnie-the-Pooh mug!
- Summer is my favorite season, but I appreciate them all! (But summer is still the best…)
- I took horseback riding lessons for ten years growing up, and someday I hope to have my own horse.
- There is never a time when I am not reading a book. I tend to read multiple at once in fact.
- I need ice cream in my life, at least weekly.
- I take a walk outside everyday with Ike ❤
- Sophie @ Sophie’s Corner
- Mary Drover @ Mary and the Words
- Lady Jabberwocky
- Hal @ Anonymously Hal
- Anyone else who wants to try this!
You guys are all so wonderful and friendly! I really enjoy reading your posts through the week. Of course, if you don’t have time or don’t feel up to it there is no pressure to do this! I just wanted to highlight your great blogs!!
My 11 Questions for You
- If you had one day left to live, what is the one thing you know you would definitely do?
- If you could meet any one famous celebrity and have dinner with them who would you pick?
- What is one thing you want to change about yourself?
- What is one thing you absolutely love about yourself?
- What is one book that changed your life?
- Favorite movie of all time?
- If you could have any animal (real or fantasy) as a pet what would you pick?
- Five television shows to watch for the rest of your life?
- What is one embarrassing obsession you had as a kid?
- Would you rather live in the city, country or suburbs and why?
- Are there any languages that you wish you could speak?
This award was fun and a nice break for me because I have had my head buried in research for my current WIP, but now it looks like it’s time to go back to work! Stay safe out there!!
Till next time,