Finally it’s summer.
I feel like I’ve been waiting a millennium for this season to roll around and now it is actually here. 2020 I thought was going to be a whirlwind and, in a way, it definitely was, I’m just glad that the sun is here now and the heat and all the great feelings that only summer can bring. June was a busy month, so busy in fact I only got around to reading one book which is highly unusual for me. On the bright side though, did I mention it’s SUMMER???
- Continue researching, world building, prewriting, plotting, and outlining my WIP! Check. World building brick by fucking brick.
- Stick with my NEW blog posting schedule!Check.
- Become more interactive on social media! Check.
- Continue making submissions with my writing! Check.
- Continue practicing the piano and my violin! Check.
- Do yoga every morning! Check, check, check. CHECK.
July (the month where there’s so many fireworks) Goals:
- Continue researching, world building, prewriting, plotting, and outlining my WIP! World building is time consuming it appears. As Kaz put it, “brick by brick” my dears, brick by fucking brick. Look forward to the writing update for this month! I’m sort of in love with doing this post because it is helping me keep more accountable for working on my WIP and that’s what I need!
- Become more interactive on social media! I’m using Twitter a lot more this year than I ever had and slowly stepping back into Instagram. Just got to keep building momentum with this and eventually it will become second nature. My handle is @jaiiiilynn4 for both so let’s connect!
- Continue making submissions with my writing! Just keep swimming.
- Continue to do yoga every morning! I feel good! My body feels so much better after incorporating this into my daily routine. Every morning I just. do. it. Then the stress pains stay away all day. Ha ha! Be gone pain!
What I Read:
– God Is Not One: The Eight Rival Religions That Run the World — and Why Their Differences Matter by Stephen R. Prothero. I originally picked this book up for research for my WIP but I found I loved it more than I would have thought. This book is so informative and really breaks down the major religions of the world into ways that we all can really understand. I highly recommend it for everyone to read, and really everyone should read this book. Information can only bring us closer to understanding one another whereas ignorance will only bring us apart.
What I’ll Be Writing:
- Poetry- posted every Wednesday
- Living Life vignettes- posted first Friday of the month
- Alternate Reality flash fiction collection- posted the last Tuesday of the month
- Writing Is Hard|WIP Writing Update- posted in the middle of the month
- Snapshot! monthly recap- posted the last day of every month
- Announcements- posted as needed
All of my fiction writings are independent of each other and stand alone so no need to read any of the previous work to understand. If you want more information about any of the above, you can check out the About page on my site or just click here.
June Round Up of Posts from Stellar People:
- Xandria “Tips On How To Stay Motivated: Healthy Lifestyle Edition“
- Anonymously Hal “Two Months“
- Jenni @ xo, jenni “the road less traveled by m. scott peck m.d. | a (lengthy) book review
- Kay @ Hammock of Books “On Reclaiming Harry Potter From JK Rowling And Separating The Artist From the Art”
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books ” Is book bloggers’ work really valued?”
My Round Up of June Posts:
- “Boy Next Door”
- Vignette #31 “Breathe”
- Writing is Hard | WIP Writing Update | June 2020 (The Beginning… & the End)
- “It’s So Funny”
- Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award
- Flash Fiction – “Deja Vu”
All in all, I’m glad from the very core of my soul that summer is here. I hope it stays a long time…..
What are y’all doing for summer? Any interesting goals for July?
Till next time,