November was a month. Honestly, I don’t have much to say lol. When I wasn’t at work, I was still at work at home. Writing. I didn’t do much else. I didn’t even finish reading one book this month. Wow. That is a first for me. But… I did it. I WON NANOWRIMO FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER.
50,000 words of my draft for my WIP The Lowell Saga is complete.Whew. No where near done with the first draft. But I’m getting there. Little by little. Word by damn word. As for whether I finish the draft this December… I’m going to try my hardest. 2020 hasn’t beaten me yet.
- Continue researching, world building, prewriting, plotting, outlining & WRITING my WIP! Check.
- Become more interactive on social media! Check. I was pretty consistent, for me, with updating on Twitter.
- Continue making submissions with my writing! Failure, but I’m not worried. My WIP was the focus this month because of NaNo. AND I WON THAT MAJORLY.
- Continue to eat healthier! Check. Not perfect but not as horrible as I could have been. So that’s a win in my book.
December (the month where Christmas happens) Goals:
- Continue researching, world building, prewriting, plotting, outlining & WRITING my WIP! My last chance this month to finish that first draft before 2021 hits us in the face. (Or hopefully gently caresses us instead…)
- Become more interactive on social media! My handle is @jaiiiilynn4 for both Insta and Twitter if you want to connect! I did better this past month but still want to continue the habit so I’m listing this goal again.
- Continue making submissions with my writing! I’m calling it now, this probably won’t happen cause I’ll be busy with my WIP but I don’t want to forget this goal so I’m putting it down again.
What I’ll Be Writing:
- Poetry- posted every Wednesday
- Writing Is Hard | WIP Writing Update- posted in the middle of the month
- Snapshot! Monthly Recap- posted the last day of every month
- Announcements- posted as needed
All of my fiction writings are independent of each other and stand alone so no need to read any of the previous work to understand. If you want more information about any of the above, you can check out the About page on my site or just click here.
November Round Up of Posts from Nifty People:
- Lauren @ Bournemouth Girl “10 Positive Habits That Will Change Your Life“
- Cam @ Camillea Reads “A Chat with R.F. Kuang: On writing historical inspired novels“
- Mary Drover @ Mary and the Words “A Case for New Adult“
My Round Up of November Posts:
- Vignette #35 “Steps”
- NaNoWriMo, NaNoCryMo | A Pros & Cons Discussion Post
- Writing is Hard | WIP Update | November 2020 | NaNoWriMo Heaven and Hell
- “The Devil On My Shoulder”
My Thanksgiving this year was small but still lovely. My step dad and I made an apple pie and it was the most delicious pie I had ever eaten in my life! We might need to make it a tradition. All in all I’m grateful for everything I do have and will keep looking forward to a brighter tomorrow. December could be brighter!! Let’s cross our fingers.
How were your Thanksgivings, if you celebrate? How was November overall for you guys? Did you meet your NaNoWriMo goal if you participated?
Let’s chat in the comments below!
Till next time,