Um, hi. So I don’t know what April was if I am going to be honest with y’all. I mean, like, I didn’t get sick! So that’s breaking a previous two year strong curse where I always got sick in April. In fact it was quite the opposite. I got vaccinated!! So that makes me happy, and makes life at least feel somewhat better. Work has been hectic but, not bad? Just different and even though at times I get a little sad I know that where I am now is for the best. In fact since my promotion I’ve really been finding my writing groove. So another positive.
I got to see my friends who I hadn’t seen since last autumn. That was magical, and we had a magical time. Also my family which I never got to see for Christmas came over for a spring party!! So that was amazing because it was Christmas for me in April. I missed my family and friends so so so SO much times infinity. Another win for the month.
April was good actually. Just there was so much going on at work at times that I tended to get stressed out. Some of my healthy habits went wayside let us say and there was some cake eaten. In fact, a lot of cake eaten. A lot of delicious cake. So again, maybe not all that bad? Maybe I’m just really tired. But a good tired, the kind of tired you get after putting in a hard day’s work. But also happy? Because I got a lot done and got to see a lot of people I dearly love and missed.
Also, ya know, summer…. I FEEL YOU COMING.
- Watch my sugar intake! FAILURE. DID I MENTION THE CAKE?
- Work on The Lowell Saga! Check. Go me.
May (the month where I become a hermit and focus on myself) Goals:
- Focus on me. I need to stop worrying about everyone else and just listen to my needs. I am an enneagram type 2 and this is the realest lesson I need to learn. That way I can stop reaching for the cake.
- Watch my sugar intake. Take 2.
- Watch my caloric intake. Girl, girl, no more binging. We got rid of this habit, don’t go back to it.
- Get at least 10,000 steps everyday. You lost your workout routine after COVID hit. Time to get it back.
- Do yoga every damn day. You get stressed, so get unstressed. (Cue me, realizing I’m talking to myself through this whole list lol. At this point I am just going to continue on. Excelsior!).
- Work on The Lowell Saga. Keep going. You are getting there step by step.
- Watch your spending. Girl. Save your damn money, you do not need more books when there are PLENTY waiting on your shelf .
- GET THAT TATTOO. You have wanted it forever so just. do. it.
What I Read:
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.
- Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. Good read. Had me laughing out loud at times which is a win because it is hard to make me laugh when I’m reading a book. I would not call it a life changing read but it did open my eyes to some aspects of my own life that I know I need to improve upon. I also thought the ending was satisfying but I could see where some others might not find it completely so. But I think it ended well, and I’m glad I read it.
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. Read this two more times this month.
What I’ll Be Writing:
- Poetry- posted every Wednesday
- Writing Is Hard | WIP Writing Update- posted in the middle of the month
- Snapshot! Monthly Recap- posted the last day of every month
- Announcements- posted as needed
If you want more information about any of the above, you can check out the About page on my site or just click here.
Amazing Posts I Read in April:
- Mary Drover @ Mary and the Words “Why I’m No Longer Talking About Writing”
- Sophie Li @ Sophie’s Corner “Mini-Review // Beach Read”
- Xandria “6 Ways to Combat Negative Emotions”
- Jennie @ 50shad3s0fjay “An Open Love Letter to My Body”
- Kristin @ Kristin Kraves Books “OPENING DAY 2021 | I READ FOUR BASEBALL BOOKS”
My Round Up of April Posts:
I randomly started rereading The Raven Boys this past Saturday (St. Mark’s Eve, lol) and it has been the greatest form of self care I could ever imagine. Rediscovering one of your favorite books all over again is like falling in love. To me at least. I didn’t plan on reading it, I did it spontaneously at like 10 o’clock at night after I saw Maggie’s insta post about St. Mark’s Eve and since then I have not been able to put the book down. Like, Gansey… I am falling in love with him all over again. *SPOILER* Even as I watch Blue trying to fight it, I’m just like girl. Girl. GIRL. ThErE iS NO pOInT.
Come on guys be real with me…. tell me which favorite character of yours is it that you can’t help but fall in love with read through after read through no matter how many times you’ve read their story?
Till next time,