May was an interesting month. It was the best of months, it was the worst of months. It was the month where I made a lot of stark changes. For one thing I got my yearly haircut, yes you read that right yearly. So the length is now at my shoulders and ready for the heat. BRING IT ON SUMMER. I also got a blond streak in my hair which I love and is something totally new. Yes, yes, yes, yes and oh one other thing. Did I mention I got a tattoo?
I wanted a tattoo since forever and was supposed to get one last year. So this month I decided to just DO IT. So I did. I know some of you know what this is haha, and all I can say is I’m in love!
- Focus on me. Yes, I think I did this.
- Watch my sugar intake. No, I think I did not do this.
- Watch my caloric intake. 😦
- Get at least 10,000 steps everyday. 🙂
- Do yoga every damn day. 🙂
- Work on The Lowell Saga. 🙂
- Watch your spending. I may have indulged a little, but not a lot. It was on books, okay?
- GET THAT TATTOO. DONE!!!!
June (the month where summer is here and I am ALIVE) Goals:
- Focus on the present. It’s summer and I want to have fun. Enough said.
- Watch my sugar intake. Take 3.
- Work on The Lowell Saga. Keeping the dream ALIVE.
What I Read:
- The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O’Neill. This book went above and beyond my expectations. I knew it would be good, I knew it would be adorable but then I read it and it was just SO good and SO adorable that I can’t wait to get my hands on the next in the series. The graphics are wonderful and warm and just give you this good feeling inside as you read. I felt calm every time I picked it up and can’t say how much if you need a book to get you relaxed JUST READ THIS. Diversity, wholesomeness, dragons, and tea honestly what more do I need to say?
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. This book. This book. This book. I’ve read it over and over and no matter how many times it always feels like the first time. I fall in love over and over and over again. This book is complex, simple, reality, dreams, and magic all tied into one. And it all feels so real. I love it so much. I read this book years ago at the right time in my life and it has stayed with me since and will stay with me forever more. The Raven Cycle will always be in the top of the top of my favorite books and it is a series I believe that played a hand in who I am today and who I will probably become tomorrow. And I know a lot of you feel the same way if you’ve read it.
- Fruits Basket v.11 by Natsuki Takaya
- Kuroko’s Basketball Omnibus #3 (v.5+6) by Tadatoshi Fujimaki
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig. Five stars all across. A beautiful perspective on living, dying and all the paths we don’t take. Definitely deserves a read, and that’s all I can say.
What I’ll Be Writing:
- Poetry- posted every Wednesday
- Writing Is Hard | WIP Writing Update- posted in the middle of the month
- Snapshot! Monthly Recap- posted the last day of every month
- Announcements- posted as needed
If you want more information about any of the above, you can check out the About page on my site or just click here.
Marvelous Posts I Read in May:
- Mary Drover @ Mary and the Words “#marywrites Three Act Structure“
- Jennie @ 50shad3s0fjay “Ethan | Short Story“
- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books “HOW TO SELF HOST YOUR BOOK BLOG: SHARING MY EXCITING (AND STRESSFUL) EXPERIENCE“
My Round Up of May Posts:
- “The Obsessed Scholar”
- “High Functioning”
- “Day Dreaming”
- Writing is Hard | WIP Update | May 2021 | It’s Part of the Journey
Summer. Summer! SUMMER!!! It is my favorite season and I can’t wait to go back to the ocean and eat ice cream and since we are all vaccinated now visit my family and hang with my friends and THRIVE ❤
What are your plans for summer?
Till next time,