Currently listening: “Aerith’s Theme” – Nobuo Uematsu
Currently watching: Pokemon S1 // every Marvel movie in chronological order
Currently playing: Final Fantasy VII: Remake
Currently reading: Love and Olives by Jenna Evans Welch
I took a much needed break in July. Some of you might have noticed that I didn’t post my writing update this month. That was intentional since I didn’t write anything. Lol. After finishing the first draft of book 1 of The Lowell Saga in June I needed a mental break before I head back in to revising it. August is going to be interesting. A lot of work I know but something I am welcoming and looking forward to!
I also saw Black Widow this month and can I just say I love, love, loved it. Especially Yelena and her vest, omg. Black Widow is my favorite avenger and I am glad she finally got her own standalone movie. I loved it so much it put me in the mood to watch every Marvel movie every made again in chronological order. Yes, ambitious I know but I’m enjoying it so far. I just finished Iron Man and am going to start Iron Man 2 soon. In other news I was feeling nostalgic and a bit down as well so I started rewatching the original Pokemon anime from the 90’s. It’s doing wonders for relaxing me since it was practically all I watched as a kid.
July was a break I needed. I slept a lot, read a bit, and hung outside just taking in the sun. I might even need to do more of that in August since I have a vitamin D deficiency lol. It’s fiiiiiine. I’ll figure it out, like I always do. I also have a B-12 deficiency which could explain why I’ve been feeling so tired these past few months. But I’m taking vitamins now so all and all I should be on an upswing!
- Watch my sugar intake. Check. I gained some weight in July so that push finally got me back to making healthier choices so my sugar intake is definitely less.
- Work on The Lowell Saga. In a round about way by resting this month I did complete this goal because now I can head into August with fresh eyes for my manuscript and do an even better revising job because I stepped away from it. It can be like reading a new story now!
August (the month where I might have been born) Goals:
- Continue to watch my sugar intake. I did great in July and I am hoping to carry it through to August so it becomes a habit.
- Jog. I started jogging in July and want to carry this goal over into the next month while the weather is still so perfectly summer.
- Work on The Lowell Saga. This has been here every month and will be continue to be here until this is a published book, lol. My determination is strong.
What I Read:
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. I read this book all through June and ended up finishing it on July 1st. Right before the 4th. This book is probably one of, if not the top, book in all of the Raven Cycle to me. I love the whole series though as a whole of course, but there is just something about this one. The concept, the stealing, Ronan, Kavinsky, Gansey and Blue on the phone like…. (*INSERT MAJOR ROMANTIC SIGH HERE*). I’ve been rereading the Raven Cycle impulsively and it’s what prompted me to get my ley line tattoo back in May. I grew up with this series and because of that it made me who I am today as a person and as a writer. Maggie’s prose is beautiful and gives you just enough to surprise you and not spoil anything. I hope to be near her level someday with my own writing.
- Between You, Me, and the Honeybees by Amelia Diane Coombs. This was such a sweet, cute read and exactly the contemporary summer romance vibe I needed for my month of rest. Not to mention the main character suffers from anxiety so that was extra relatable to read about and the main love interest was a soft artist boy so that was also very enjoyable to read about. If you need something light with a happy ending I highly recommend.
What I’ll Be Writing:
- Poetry- posted every Wednesday
- Writing Is Hard | WIP Writing Update- posted in the middle of the month
- Snapshot! Monthly Recap- posted the last day of every month
- Announcements- posted as needed
If you want more information about any of the above, you can check out the About page on my site or just click here.
Marvelous Posts I Read in July:
- T.N. @ The Amateur’s Quill “Youth’s Petition“
- Kat Impossible @ Life and Other Disasters “Are Chris Evans and I compatible (readers)?“
- Mary Drover @ Mary and the Words “My Yoga Journey“
- Mitchel David Ring @ The Light is On “On Napkins”
My Round Up of July Posts:
August is my favorite month. For obvious reasons. It’s my birthday month! And it’s summer! And I just love everything about that. How are you guys spending your summers? Got any interesting plans? I’m laying low but still enjoying listening to those cicadas sing outside my window and watching the ocean waves roll in.
Till next time,