Hello world, as promised in my last Snapshot! monthly recap…. here is the official posting schedule for 2020!
- Poetry – in the mood for a poem? Expect a poem every Wednesday
- Living Life vignettes – need a spellbindingly enchanting written out documentation of brushing your teeth (among other real life struggles)? Expect a vignette every other Friday
- Alternate Reality collection- feeling an independent (Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Horror, ect.) flash fiction piece with lots of MAGIC? Expect it the last Tuesday of every month
- Snapshot! – want a brief monthly recap about the writer (me, Jai Lynn)’s life/blog/reading/writing experiences? Expect it on the last day of every month
- Announcements – desiring to keep up with news about this blog and this struggling writer’s life? Expect a post as they are needed
This schedule goes live February 1st!
Until next time,
When you’re just starting out everything is exotic, like an explorer charting out newly discovered land. Years of dreaming, months of research, and then weeks of implementation all start to merge together until you have finally spit something out that you can be proud of.
Well, at least it’s a start.
My blog is going to be a collection of announcements/updates when something exciting happens, fiction stories of various length, and any thoughts of mine that need a voice.
My previous post was the first entry in a series of vignettes based on little scenes that I happen to witness or be a part of IRL. It’s going to serve as a writing exercise for me and a readable thing for you. So a win, win. The idea for the vignettes came to me when I recalled an incident that had happened last week. My mother, fortunately, had a sudden need for the house to be neater, and her daughter (me), unfortunately, had all her notebooks, books and random sheets of paper (with important stuff written on them) placed ever so haphazardly (yet purposefully) all over the place. Needless to say I was irked in having to move all. the. stuff.
I thought my response was appropriate. “Mom… I’m living my life!” She looked at me and I looked at her. I could have just unleashed a flood of Looks (you know the disapproving mom stare) and commentary (or lack there of which is worse) but then, we both started to laugh. She liked my response… and so the vignette series was born. Although, I still had to move all. the. stuff.
Though it’s not perfect, its my own little space that I did all on my own. Can only go out from here. I mean who’s even reading this now? Hello, Whoever You Are. Are you ready for this trip?
So, the adventure begins. Let’s go.
Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog, there’s not much here yet. Clearly lol. But there will be. Check back next week for a new post.
In the meantime, you can binge listen to 5SOS “Lie to Me” like I’m doing as I write this.
Also, check out my nifty new logo. Hyper proud of this!