Currently listening: “Astronaut in the Ocean” – Masked Wolf
Currently watching: Anne With an E S1 (rewatch)
Currently playing: Final Fantasy VII Remake
Currently reading: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
September wasn’t a real month. TBH in my head it is still August. I still feel summer everywhere even as I am staring down the fallen leaves in my front yard. Not much happened but at the same time I was constantly busy. Is there a word for this feeling? How do I describe it better…?
Imagine a train station. There are so many people around, all with their own agendas and thoughts, getting on the train and others getting off. Then there is you, standing stock still in the middle of the platform. You have your own agenda too. But, your agenda was to take off on a plane… and you are at a train station. Being that there are no planes around and no other way to leave the train station but on a train… you are stuck.
That was what September felt like to me.
- Work on The Lowell Saga. Check.
- Maintain my healthy habits. Check.
- Be more open to possibilities. After this month I think I can handle almost anything. Check.
October (The month where I may reveal I have supernatural abilities) Goals:
- Work on The Lowell Saga. Always.
- Maintain my healthy habits. My life is a perfect graveyard of trying to be better and consistently falling short.
- Have fun. A major highlight this month is a mini trip to Salem, MA which I am ECSTATIC about. Perfect timing. I need to have some fun, badly.
What I Read:
- Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig. August was a bit dark that was why I decided to pick up this book, and it was a good decision. The title says it all. Honestly. At some point in our lives we all might need this as a pick me up. I swear by Matt Haig, ever since I read The Midnight Library, and now I want to read all his books.
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. This hit the right spot at the right time in my life. It’s a rare occurrence but when it does happen I know it does for a reason. If I had the resources and time I would totally follow in Elizabeth Gilbert’s footsteps. I want to travel and find myself for a year. Where can I sign up? All kidding aside though her struggle in this book is something we all as humans struggle with. Finding ourselves and our own version of happiness, a way to survive. After these past few years I think we could all use a way to survive, or a means to put things in perspective and find the will to go on with this crazy thing we call life.
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. This book was a joy to read. Right after I watched the Netflix show I bought all the books and nothing has made me feel calmer or more steady. Anne of Green Gables is so grounding and simple in the most pleasant way. That was a weird way to describe it. What I mean is that it helps to remind you that life is more about the simple things. The air on your cheek, the flowers outside your window and your loved ones all around you. Oh, and of course there is Gilbert Blythe too haha 😀
- Kagerou Daze v. 2 by Jin and art by Mahiro Satou.
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. The Raven Cycle is so cathartic and nostalgic at the same time. I wish I knew someone like Richard Campbell Gansey III. Maggie Stiefvater is a genius at nuance and atmospheric writing. Her characters are just so real. So real. I’m an articulate mess of emotions right now. All you need to know is that this series is on my all time favorites and that is all I am going to say. I read a lot of books but nowadays it’s rare to find one to even touch this list. All of us readers have that list. The list of favorites that just speaks to our soul. The ones that hit us at the right time in our life when we needed the story most and so will forever have a special place is our hearts. This series is one of the few on my list. Okay now I promise I’m done.
What I’ll Be Writing:
- Poetry- posted every Wednesday
- Writing Is Hard | WIP Writing Update- posted in the middle of the month
- Snapshot! Monthly Recap- posted the last day of every month
- Announcements- posted as needed
If you want more information about any of the above, you can check out the About page on my site or just click here.
Serendipitous Posts I Read in September:
My Round Up of July Posts:
- “Wake Me Up Then“
- “You Never Know“
- “The Harvest Time“
- Writing is Hard | WIP Update | September 2021 | What am I doing…..?
I can’t wait, I can’t wait, I CAN’T WAIT TILL SALEM!!!!! I’ll take pictures!!!
If any of you guys have ever been, please give me some recommendations!! This is my first time ever visiting!!
Till next time,