Currently listening: “Centuries” – Fall Out Boy
Currently watching: Sailor Moon R
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
Currently reading: Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig
August. I let August slip away like a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. Turns out I needed another mental health month and some time away, at least from blogging. In the middle of the month, I picked up writing again. Well, revising. I finished rereading my first draft of The Lowell Saga and now I have stepped onto the revising plane for the second draft. It’s taking a painstaking amount of time to go through it chapter by chapter but I’m doing it. I want to make sure that all my foreshadowing adds up and all my characters stay true to who they are at this point. I say at the point because this is only the first book of four. I didn’t do my writing update this month but it will be back in September!
In other news, I did take a trip in August! I went to visit my brother out in the country and it was awesome. I had a great time and ate a lot of ice cream. I do love ice cream. (August is also when I was born so I ate a lot of cake too to celebrate!) Then got right back into the swing of eating health after both of those fun times. I’m really proud of myself.
- Continue to watch my sugar intake. Checkmate.
- Jog. Um. I did do this but then I got really bad knee pain lol. I’m not jogging but I’m exercising so I think I will let myself have this one.
- Work on The Lowell Saga. Checkmate.
September (the month where Dark Academia is my vibe) Goals:
- Work on The Lowell Saga. Until it’s done.
- Maintain my healthy habits. I’ve been eating better and exercising. So I want to carry on this goal into the next month so it becomes a habit.
- Be more open to possibilities. I think COVID got me stuck in bit of an anxiety loop. I want to get out of that so this September I want to try some different things. Exciting things. As for what yet, I’m not sure as of writing this. But something. Something more.
What I Read:
- Love and Olives by Jenna Evans Welch. This was the perfect summer read. Just the right amount of angsty family situations, mythological lore and summer romance. Not to mention in all takes place in Santorini, Greece. Just like every other book Jenna Evans Welch has written I adored it. If you need a lighter read please take a gander.
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. I read this for the first time in high school and I really liked it then. Rereading it now years later, I still like this book. There are two types of people in the world. Those who like The Catcher in the Rye and those who don’t. I totally get why someone would not like this book. Honestly, nothing really happens. It’s just Holden stream of conciousnessing his way through every page, but despite that and his own biases and way of seeing the world he does lay down some fundamental human truths. Usually at the most unexpected of times. Holden is one of a kind and far from perfect, but reading his story always amuses me.
- Kagerou Daze v.1 by Jin and art by Mahiro Satou.
- Signs: The Secret Language of the Universe by Laura Lynn Jackson. True, awe inspiring and eye opening. I loved this book. I can honestly say I think it changed me. I will never look at life the same.
- On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King. Vivid, real, and a book that I knew I needed to read. I am a very learn by doing kind of person when it comes to writing but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to read this book. I highly recommend it for anyone and everyone out there, not just writers.
What I’ll Be Writing:
- Poetry- posted every Wednesday
- Writing Is Hard | WIP Writing Update- posted in the middle of the month
- Snapshot! Monthly Recap- posted the last day of every month
- Announcements- posted as needed
If you want more information about any of the above, you can check out the About page on my site or just click here.
Amazing Posts I Read in August:
- Erin. @ Reading on a Star “The BEST book tropes of all-time – I will duel you if you disagree“
- The Orangutan Librarian “Why Libraries Matter“
My Round Up of July Posts:
I wonder what September is going to bring….
Till next time,